Patients who develop venous leg ulcers face considerable suffering and a reduced quality of life. Many patients with leg ulcers are not receiving the correct treatment, resulting in delayed healing times, an increased risk of complications and higher treatment costs.
When treating patients with leg ulcers, health professionals are confronted with 3 key challenges:
- Making a correct DIAGNOSIS, as wounds are often complex
- DECIDING on a safe and effective TREATMENT at the outset, from the huge range of options available.
- Promoting patient concordance and thus adherence with treatment and empowering patients to be in control of their pathology and wound healing through DIALOGUE.
The Leg Ulcer and Compression Days are an international event with the objective to raise awareness and train healthcare professionals on the management and treatment of venous leg ulcer patients.
Organized every year in the United Kingdom, France, Germany, Spain, Portugal, the Netherlands and the United States, the Leg Ulcer and Compression days propose workshops, symposia and webinars dedicated to healthcare professionals dealing with patients with leg ulcers such as specialists, general practitioners and nurses. Each year a new country joins the Leg Ulcer & Compression days adventure.
Our mission is to support health care professionals to improve patient outcomes.
- Embark on PLANET COMPRESSION to know more about the 3 dimensions of care that are key in the management of patients with venous leg ulcers.
- You will have the opportunity to learn more about principles to good compression. It’s about ensuring continuous, consistent and comfortable compression for your patient.
- With a holistic approach and the right treatment, a venous compression therapy combined with a specific wound care dressing that acts on wound healing, it is possible to heal your patients sooner!
Next events planned in 2021:
- Germany : November 10th
- France : November 25th
- The UK : December 7th and 9th
- The Netherlands : December 13th
- Spain : December 2nd and 15th
- Portugal : December 15th
Our partners: Wounds UK, Legsmatter, CPDmember, Gneaupp, Capitulo Espanol di Flebologia y Linfologia, Asociacion Espanol de Enfermeria Vascular y Heridas, Anedidic, AFTPheridas, SEHER, GAIF, ELCOS, Société Française de Medecine Vasculaire, Société Française et Francophone de Plaies et Cicatrisation.