“Fondation d’entreprise des Laboratoires Urgo” (hereinafter “Foundation” or “we”), a public interest non-profit-making body organized and existing pursuant to the laws of France, with its registered office at 42 rue de Longvic 21300 Chenôve, France, offers the website https://fondation-urgo.fr/ (hereinafter the “Site”).
1. Personal data collected
Personal data means any information that can identify you directly or indirectly.
Personal data we collect from users of the Site may be:
- Personal data that you provide (e.g. through the contact form, ): the type of personal data we may collect will be determined by the nature of the services you request.
- Personal data that we collect or generate automatically when you visit the Site by using Cookies, in particular to improve your experience and produce statistics: pages visited, dates and times of access, preferred content, operating system, type of browser used, etc.
Your personal data may be collected for the following purposes:
- To produce statistical analyses, particularly of Site traffic
- To manage and improve the Site for optimal user browsing
- To manage, process and respond to users’ questions, requests and enquiries
- To manage and send mailings or newsletters and commercial prospecting to users who gave their consent
- To conduct our business in compliance with the applicable legal and regulatory obligations
3. Legal basis
Legal basis to process user’s personal data are:
- your consent: in some cases, we ask for your consent to collect and process your personal
- our legitimate interest: we may process your personal data based on our legitimate interests in communicating or managing our interactions with you regarding our products and
- a legal obligation: we may need to process your personal data to comply with applicable laws/regulations.
User’s personal data that we process will only be accessible by a limited list of recipients with a need to know in accordance with the purposes described in this policy or where required by law, including but not limited to:
- the departments and personnel of our Foundation and other legal entities of Urgo Group;
- our Foundation’s suppliers and service providers (in particular those managing and hosting the Site) who may be called upon to access users’ personal data for purposes strictly necessary for their work;
- to the competent authorities in certain cases defined by the
The personal data collected is kept and used for a period of time in accordance with the legislation and/or standards in force.
Accordingly, the personal data collected is deleted upon the occurrence of one of the following events:
- the end of the retention
- exercise of the right of deletion by a user in accordance with the applicable regulations and the terms and conditions specified in the section “Your Rights”
6. Confidentiality and Integrity
Our Foundation applies the appropriate and commercially reasonable technical and organisational security measures to keep confidential and to protect the personal data processed, aking into consideration the state of art of technology and the cost of implementation.
However, we cannot guarantee that these measures will prevent all risks of disclosure of personal data and we shall not be held responsible for any lack of security, particularly in the event of fraudulent behaviour by a third party or in the event that this lack of security is due to the user.
7. Data transfer
Urgo Group, to which the Foundation belongs, is an international group, so we collect and transfer personal data on a global scale, which means that we may have to transfer your personal data outside your country.
When we transfer your personal data outside the European Union or the European Economic Area, we ensure that it is protected and transferred in compliance with applicable legal requirements.
8. Your rights
User has the right to request access information about its personal data; update, correct, delete its personal data; restrict or oppose (for legitimate reasons) the processing of its personal data by contacting by e-mail “firstname.lastname@example.org” or by mail to “Délégué à la Protection des Données, 15 Avenue d’Iéna, 75116 Paris-France“.
To manage your request efficiently, please:
- indicate the Urgo Group company or Foundation you are in contact with
- indicate which processing operation(s) is (are) concerned
- indicate the right(s) you wish to enforce
- provide us with proof of identity
Should you have any cause for complaint regarding our use of your personal data, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the competent data protection authority of your country.
For general information on Urgo’s data protection principles, please consult the Urgo Group’s General Policy for Personal Data protection (https://www.urgo-group.com/personal-data/)
9. Cookie Management
A cookie is a small computer file, a marker, which is stored and read on your computer, mobile or tablet when you visit the Site.
In this policy, we refer to all the cookies placed and read on your terminal as “Cookies”.
Necessary Cookies: Your prior consent is not required to store or read these Cookies, either because they do not process any personal data, or because they are strictly necessary to provide the service you request (e.g., to be able to browse the Site and enable the Site to be functional). Necessary cookies cannot be disabled.
Unnecessary Cookies: You must first give your consent before the Foundation and its partners, if any, store or read Cookies other than those mentioned in the previous section. These Cookies do not affect the quality of the service you request, nor the basic functionality of the Site.
You can oppose and delete Cookies used by the Foundation and any of its partners at any time by deleting them from your devices, by managing your browser settings, or your Cookie preferences.